Wales Opinions Live

Politics, Sport and Life in Wales & Beyond

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to walesopinionslive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Observations of political placards.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:39 am 

At the last GE I observed the placards through the Montgomeryshire constituency. All the farmers were displaying Tory placards whilst householders were split 50/50 between Tory and Lib/Dem. This time the farmers are split 60/40 in favour of Lib/Dem wjilst householders are spilt 70/30 in favour of Lib/Dem. Will we see an upset?

Clwyd West seems split 50/50 between Tory and Plaid, whilst Ynys Mon is too close to call. Aberconwy could well produce a shock result if UKIP eat into the Tory vote.

As for Gwynedd, the fields and windows are all green and yellow. A sole Tory placard can be found in a field at bala, yet nowhere in North Wales have I seen a single UKIP placard.

It's gonna be an interesting result in Wales this time folks.

Post subject: Re: Observations of political placards.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:19 am 
Site Admin

thought UKIP was the reason in anglesey that plaid may sneek in, so I would expect posters in Gill's patch, also they are supposed to be strong in NE Wales aren't they.

hardly any posters around here fields or windows, can't speak for Newport as I avoid it due to building road works and parking, although went to the Gwent last week didn't notice any on my way.

Only fields I see them is the road up to Cwmbran and as per usual from the 1st house in the constituency ( about 1/2ml from me) all the way to The main Gwent police station on the abergavenny road it is David TCDavis posters, can't see him being unseated.

In Npt west Paul Flynn only has a 3k maj but will be safe. mainy tories saying they will go UKIP so wld make him even safer, if the kippers and LDs went tory it wld unseat him, waiting to see if I can see any sign of that in which case I will switch back to tory but not in 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:17 pm 

Some of the results may be unexpected enough to be 'interesting'. Some of them may be entertaining, but whatever they are they will not affect the formation of the next Westminster government in any way. Even if there has to be another coalition government the Welsh result will be so splintered that it will be disregarded as inconsequential and will be ignored in the cross Party negotiations. Wales is too multicultural, too disunited, too ethnically and linguistically diverse to have any influence on central government making. A General Election here is a meaningless exercise in political blustering, false promises and fancy daydreams which change nothing. No one can complain. When we adopted democracy as a means of government we accepted that the majority rules and the majority is found elsewhere. E Pluribus Unum doesn't exist in Britain - so why bother?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

as we are talking politics thought you would like this

While stitching a cut on the hand of a 75 year old farmer, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to politicians and their role as our leaders.

The old farmer said, "Well, as I see it, most politicians are 'Post Tortoises'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post tortoise' was.

The old farmer said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a tortoise balanced on top, that's a post tortoise."

The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain.

“You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb person put him up there to begin with."

Best explanation of a politician I've ever heard!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:45 pm 

nospin wrote:
thought UKIP was the reason in anglesey that plaid may sneek in, so I would expect posters in Gill's patch, also they are supposed to be strong in NE Wales aren't they. .

Mmm. There seems to be some support for Gill in Holyhead, but Llangefni where he lives is strong Plaid territory. Again, he's not one of us but an i**igrant!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not expecting much of a show from UKIP in N E Wales though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:29 pm 

It would be great fun if instead of televised political debates the leaders of all the political parties were required to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show after taking a lie detector test.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:27 am 

Spot on!!

Most would be affected by the Pinocchio syndrome.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:18 pm 

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK.

1 Open a new file on your computer

2. Name it 'David Cameron'

3. Send the file to the recycle bin.

4. Empty the recycle bin.

5. Your computer will ask "Do you want to get rid of 'David Cameron'

6. Firmly click on Yes.

Tomorrow we'll do Ed Milliband. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:00 pm 

There is a rumour going the rounds that Labour and the Lib-Dems are forming a coalition to lynch the pollsters.

Contact Us | All times are UTC