Wales Opinions Live

Politics, Sport and Life in Wales & Beyond

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to walesopinionslive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: THE VEIL HAS BEEN LIFTED FROM MINE EYES
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:19 pm 

Reversing the result of a democratic vote is the worst thing that can happen to a democratically governed country. The majority voted Leave and that's what the politicians must do - LEAVE. It has always been held as a main principle of government that an outgoing administration must leave its successor with a recognisable country with a recognisable system of government. Heath failed to do that and that is the main reason there has been dissension in this country for nearly fifty years leading to the situation we confront today. We must be sure now to take advantage of the opportunity offered by this referendum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:43 pm 

We have the next PM and she seems quite determined to leave the EU. What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

don't trust her an inch, all talk no walk

1-Campaigned for remain
2- has said no chance of reducing immigration for quite a while
3-won't declare article 50 till some time in 2017
4- highest ever immigration gigs in all 6yrs of her home sec reign
5-did nothing about grooming gangs abuse of young white girls
6- thinks sharia is good for some in UK
7-cut police force too much
8- cut border force too much
9- reduced border patrol boats to 3 YES THREE, Italy has 600
10- said she wanted out of ECHR then changed mind - so no chance of easy deportation of illegals

A complete and utter failure like I said all TALK no WALK, talks tough acts weak.

My guess is we will end up with a sSiss/Norway type deal, still with FoM and still paying into EU

Will cost tories next election.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:56 pm 

I agree that she has been pretty useless as Home Secretary, but she is currently making all the right noises. Time will tell.

At least we have been spared the prospect of a PM who would look as though he should still be in short trousers and who turned everything he has ever touched to dross. The worst Education minister ever and a disaster at Justice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:13 am 

We will not really know the calibre of this Prime Minister until we see how she manages the British resignation from the EU, but her choice of Cabinet members over the next few days should give us a pretty fair idea. I hope she doesn't make Thatcher's mistake and give government jobs to people who oppose her because she would rather have them on the inside pissing out than on the outside pissing in. In particular I am curious to see what she does with George Osborne and the absolutely vital job of Chancellor of the Exchequer. "There's the rub".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:25 am 
Site Admin

i hope to god she removes him as chancellor and out of cabinet (rumour has it home sec- well at least she can keep an eye on him)

From a strictly brexit stance the 3 genuine tory outers in vote leave were IDS, Fox & Leadsome. Boris & Gove career opportunists, not sure in Grayling.

my choice of them for PM (again strictly on brexit gounds) was Fox or Leadsome, both genuine outers but Leadsome bit in experienced and then threw in towel ( I don't believe the pressure/abuse, I think they dug some dirt or some other threat like none of the big guns will serve under you).

Fox was never going to make it because of his episode when defence sec, however on the brexit trail he always said yep short medium and long term forecasts vary from the pit of doom to eldorado but I don't caSe we as a nation will cope, THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO BE FREE AND INDEPENDENT TO MAKE OUR OWN LAWS AND DECISIONS, I agreed no one knows what will happen in the future but we can make our own decisions on coping with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:18 pm 

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/brexit ... oo&ref=yfp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Not bad so far

Hammond moved from foreign to treasury ( he has been saying cld take 6yrs to get out)
Osborne SACKED he had let it be known only 2 jobs he would take foreign sec or the new trade sec
Rudd to Home sec - mmmm
David Davis as Brexit SoS great
Liam Fox new trade minister to get us trade deals ok by me AND>>>>

BORIS AS FOREIGN SEC

2 stories going round he called Obama a kenyan shd be fun when the meet and he wrote a cracking ditty in the spectators offend Erdogan competition

There was a young fellow from Ankara
Who was a terrific wankerer
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Contact Us | All times are UTC