Wales Opinions Live

Politics, Sport and Life in Wales & Beyond

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to walesopinionslive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: AbU Dhabi end of season
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

FP1Button has announced his retirement will not be taking the 2018 option 305 gps, 3rd highest behind schummy 306 and barichallo 17 ahead of him

out they come 1 ferrari (vet with halo fitted) 1 rb/torro 1 renault

tyres ultra soft super soft and soft

23m gon Kvy gets a puncture as he passes pitlane entrance, no time to turn in has to try and go right round but half way round is told to stop the car.

Ron Dennis on gardening leave finished Zak Brown brought in as equal to the COO whilst the sort out a new CEO

ultra soft purple
super soft red
soft yellow

KVY car coming back in at last

Ves & Ric say if ham backs Ros into them they will do their utmost to pass him, and lewis said you can't do it on this circuit with to long DRS straights or the man behind you will pass you on DRS

Gro has gone off T4 twice and now does it at T1 everytime the backend breaks away, tells them over radio sort these brakes out. This third time it actually broke away before he started turning ie as soon as he put the brakes on.

JB was going round slowly team told him to slow it down and gently bring it back -ERS problem

Jb says he always wanted to retire at the end of this season but Ron insisted on giving the 2018 option because ron thought jensen would get bored after 6 months.

Ham goes faster on soft than he did on super soft, Ros goes wife in 2 corner and is now further behind

Ant says jensen prefers are car that is power limited not grip limited ie the opposite to current cars but next it reverses but he is going.

ham 1.42.869
ros 0.374
ves 0.428
ric 0.493
vet 1.136
per 1.286
rai.1.687
sai 1.816
mas 2.170
eri 2.209

Drivers team meeting, Ros was asked what he thought abt the switching of mechanics and lewis says yep and what were you told was the reason. Ros says to ensure everyone works as 1 team not as two sides of the garage it worked because we have had some great team parties and it has turned out well, lewis smirks at that last bit, he is asked for his view and says you will have to wait for my book when I retire

Report this post

Post subject: Re: AbU Dhabi end of season
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

FP2

Been a prob with Rai car floor was off with 5m to go to start and he comes out when session is 5 min old

jensen needs a new ERS work on going from FP1

KVY has a big off black marks everywhere but avoids barriers has a rear left puncture is it rubbing or his driving style, gets back to pits this time, tyre was deflating b4 the corner something flew off tyre/bodywork, not driver error.

His radio msg is more bleeps than words, he has done a total of 8laps in 2 sessions

Ham did abt 8 laps relatively slow?? both pitted sat there a few mins then went back out? Lewis asks mechs to check his gearbox pits again looks like it was a softwar issue

Ros, vet & ves all go 1.3s faster on ultra soft

ham 1.40.861
ros 0.079
vet 0.269
ves 0.528
rai 0.603
ric 0.529
rai 0.603
bot 1.098
per 1.180
hul 1.403mas 1.407

It has been agreed from next year all starts after a safety car will be standing starts, how long will they be stationary for, will tyres cool down, will they turn off engines, ah yjey will line up and go after 30s

Lewis told he has a front wing adjustment error pass through pits and they will fix it, says no way man it is great.

Grosjean told to pit water leak and replies there is something wrong with the left rear.

Ros pits goes out on softs and trial wing.Ham stays out

7m to go vet gearbox fail

mercs come out line astern ros not dropping back?

ros drops back but just b4 the start Ham slows down to create a gap to hul in front so ros is back behind him

both mercs pit

20s to go and they both go out on very worn tyres, both wanted to do a practice start

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

FP3

Torrorosso cleared to race there was nor sign of any rubbing to cause both punctures on KVY car

quiet start

30m gone hul still not out just putting th floor back on his car

rai 1.41.700 ultra soft
ric 0.131 ultra
vet 0.257 ultra soft
ham 0.420 super soft
ros 0.476 super soft

ros and ham comes out on ultras

ham 1.41.065
ros 0.103
rai 0.653
ric 0.766
vet 0.892
ves 1.396
alo 1.520
bot 2.151
mas 2.333
hul 2.468

Vet goes fastest on 11lap old ultras

vet 1.40.775

ham on track reports one front brake not braking as hard same a ros reported earlier

vet 1.40.775
ves 0.137
rai 0.224
ham 0.290
ros 0.393
ric 1.056
per 1.110
hul 1.292
bot 1.301
gut 1.579

looks like ferrari not RB are now the threat to mercs

they just played an older Ham msg says he lost some power, they tell him it was just a software glich, same one as he had in baku but they can now tell him the new switch setting

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Qualy 1 18m

1st runs
ham 1.39.487 - 1.5s faster than q1 last yr
rai 0.851
vet 0.872
ves 0.937
Ros 1.024 radiod 2 mistakes not a good lap

williams went on red super softs looks like bot will be ok but mas will have to come out on ultras as he is on the cusp of the cut off

ham 1.39.487 - 1.5s faster than q1 last yr
rai 0.851
vet 0.872
ves 0.937
Ros 1.024 radiod 2 mistakes not a good lap
per 1.337
hul 1.513
ric 1.515
but 1.671
bot 1.705

OUT GO

kvy
mag
nas
oco
sai
eri

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Q2 15m

being night time the track cools so they may need to do 2 laps to warm up the tyres

Ham 1st out then Ros then Rai

Lewis doing a gentle out lap is he going for a 2 lap warm up not even drs on the straights

Ham crosses the line flat out he is going for it on a one lap run

red bull splitting tyre strategy both on super soft

Ham 1.39.382 told to box and save tyres for race
ros 0.108

Ros was 2/10 up in S2 but lost 3/10 in S3 took too much out of his tyres early

Ham 1.39.382 told to box and save tyres for race
ros 0.108
rai 0.247
ves 0.521
vet 0.652
ric 1.047
hul 1.327
per 1.361
mas 1.632
bot 1.974

2nd runs next

both RBs coming back out on ultras just incase, told if we think you are safe we will call abandon so they want to stat on red supers if possible

Ham 1.39.382
ros 0.108
rai 0.247
ves 0.521
vet 0.652
ric 1.047
hul 1.327
per 1.361
mas 1.476
alo 1.662

OUR GO

bot
but
gut
gro
pal
weh

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Q3 12m

Out they come Ham hul ros, again lewis going steady on out lap, Hul seems to be coasting like Ham

If Ham gets pole it will be the 1st time he has done 12 poles in a season

Ros faster in S1

Ham appears to have saved his tyres for S3

Ham 1.39.013
ros 0.346
rai 0.621
ric 0.645
ves 0.805
vet 0.862
hul 1.488p
per 1.506
alo 2.924
mas did not do a 1st run

again slow out lap and steady S1 S2 gives lewis the better time, will Nico try it on last run

2nd runs coming up

out comes ham hul ros same order as run 1

Ham seems to have gone faster on warm up and is going faster in S1 &2

Ros fastest in S1 again

Ham faster in S2, but ROS closer than previous runs

Ham 1.38.775
ros 0.303
ric 0.834
rai 0.843
vet 0.906
ves 1.063 had an excursion
hul 1.746
per 1.764
alo 2.351
mas 2.458

roll on race day

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Race day Nicky &Toto said if Lewis plays games and backs up Nico they have told him they will let Nico do the undercut

formation lap abt to go

clean get away but vestappen spins and is almost last that is good for Ros, rai gets 3rd

L2 lewis 0.9 ahead shd be out of drs soon, rai ric and vet just behind

Ves is cutting through the backend and in 14th

L4 ham appears to have eased off very slightly Ros is just in Drs but not making headway, is he is keeping ros in the turbulent air might force nico to slow off to protect tyres but that lets the chasers get at him

L7 mag renault told to retire, bot williams told to pit they will look at his problem but not retire

L8 ves 10th

L9 lewis boxes for new tyres goes out on softs, slow stop 3.6 couldn't release him due to ferrari pitting

L10 nico boxing he could get ahead of lewis with a fast stop he was 1.5s behind when lewis pitted, he was longer than Ham because the other ferrari pitted and held him up just gets out infront of rai but behind ves who has not stopped

L10 pits if ves goes slow it will help ric if he can pass rai, ros tries to pass ves but fails ves trying to pas rai

L11 nico told not to take any risks with ves but is worried about rai & ric behind and lewis is virtually coasting to give them hot air and bunch them

Merc had to hold both cars if they had risked an unsafe release it is the driver who is penalised not the team usually a 10s stop go

L13 looks like jensen is out has a steering failure front right at a weird angle looks like a component failure after hitting the kerb quite hard. will they try and fix it so he can take the chequered flag later and do a lap of honour with massa

L13 ros told to take care of his front right tyre

L14 ves still out on his original super softs but rai and Ric not making any progress on ros, Kvy has a problem and pulls off just by an exit so shdn't need a safety car or yellow flag

L17 Ham says lots of overall sliding on these tyres

L18 Ham told that tyre problem due to them being too cool be careful not to grain them

L19 ric passes rai but can't hold the place and almost loses 4th to vet, must know ves has to pit soon

a 3 corner pass by ros ans he gets 2nd so ves might as well pit no told to stay out to help ric pass rai, he pits and goes out on softs he can do a one stopper now so cause mayhem at the end

L22 ros told ves definitely going to the end next three laps critical he has to close up on lewis to protect his later position

L24 ros now 26s ahead of ves so even with a one stopper ves won't jump ros, meanwhile ric struggling with a flat spot and vet is closing on him, but ric pits for new softs so ferrari will need to next lap to try and stop him undercutting rai

L26 rai pits and comes out behind ves and ric

L29 Ros is closing slowly on Ham but looks like he is allowing, mercs ready for lewis boxing, good stop for lewis nico boxing next and ves is closing the gap on ros now 25s

L30 clean stop for ros he will come out just ahead of the 2 rbs on newer tyres

Vet in 1st yet to stop and he cannot do a one stopper tyres will go right off b4 the end

L32 lewis told why so slow you are in danger to vet if he decides to try a one stopper, now if lewis backs nico up the threat of the undercut is too late, Lewis does a 45.3 and asks how is that, told fine

20laps to go, looking all over as the rbs are making no headway on Ros who is staying with ham, even if they don't cach vet it is fine for Ros

L36 vet says tyres really going off now but too early to put on ultras or supers for a last dash
have to, he has no, new ultras but has a new set of supersofts

L37 eri has not pitted has made his softs go 37 laps and vet pits for super softs comes out in 6th

L39 ham/ros coming up to pass 4 squabbling back markers, squeaky bum time

Vet has closed right up on rai and will soon catch pass him which will give rb a problem they need to let ric pass ves

L42 Ham passes the 1st one but they have spread out somewhat so not so dodgy now and vet passes rai who lets him through

L43 Ham asks for info abt tyres of other cars but they haven't told him, sai and palm tangle both go off but come back in however palmer pits and sai is struggling, Pal fault right front locked up and is under investigation, sai retires g/box fail

L44 both mercs have old engines done 2000k plus Nico's has done 400k more and vet is closing told they need to pick up the pace to 1.44, 10laps to go and vet is 8 s behind ham 7 behind ros but even if ros loses 2nd can't see and rb passing him

Pal gets a 5s pen

L46 vet passes ric and chops back in must have been a papers width between them

L47 lewis told this is an INSTRUCTION WE NEED 44S FOR THE WIN, Ham suggest you come and drive it
B4 we heard lewis's radio ros said he is going very slow I know this is not normal but I think you need to tell him to let me through we still get a 1 & 2

L49 ros right in his boot but he wonlt let him pass, lewis was told high 44s he is doing high 45s

now only 4 2nd across top 4, lewis is letting ves & vet close right up on ros, 5 laps to go after this

L51 ros again says to pits do something vet pass ves now if he passes ros you can bet ves will try

Lewis now told by paddy to speed up can;t read his reply bit commentators says that was a no

If vet passes Ros with 3 laps to go ves can't he is falling back tyres finished

Ros told let vet pass you still win the championship

Ham tells pits I am losing the title don;t care if I lose the race

ham
ros
vet
ves

still think without the reliability problems he would not have been near ham, going to be some some harsh words in merc and wouldn't be surprised if lewis says so on the podium.

I can't look at him as world champ less wins less reliability problems. Lewis is the 1st driver to win 10 races and not win the title.

Vet and ham talking in the pre podium rom haven't seen either one congratulate nico

vet eventually pats his shoulder and says well done then speaks in german to him

Podium hear we come, who is doing the interview

ah coultard and it was a clean presentation and lewis did congratulate Nico shook his hand and give him a hug.

New cars next season who are the best drivers at adapting to new cars for me

Ham, ves, Vettel

Toto says Lewis has 2 choices, go off into the sunset and trust to luck and as an autocratic leader it is what I would have preferred, but part of me asks what would I do in lewis's position and understand why he chose that option, and was ok with it as long as it didn't jeopardise a mercedes win, nothing abt a 1 & 2

Post race studio interview Ham ros vet says I don't know why they didn't just let us race I know what they were trying to do.

Interviw with sky

they asked him what did he think that they wouldn't let them get on with it - replied it is what it is

asked did nico win the title or lewis lost it - don't want to take anything from nicos win

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC